Take into consideration that as little as 13% of us report as living with high levels of good mental health, combined with the fact that 4 in 10 people say they have experienced depression and two-thirds of people say they have experienced a mental health problem, and even more so in women - we would all want to do what we can to increase the awareness of the problems our friends and loved ones could be facing.
To take everyone from just surviving to thriving we need to at least be aware, and at best act! We can do this in the 5 steps put forward by The Mental Health Foundation:
1. National Thriving Mental Health Programme to spread public understanding about how to look after our mental health and to build community resilience.
2. Royal Commission to investigate effective ways to prevent poor mental health and to develop good mental health, and highlighting opportunities to reduce risks.
3. Mentally Thriving Nation Report each year to track progress, emerging issues and actions required.
4. 100% Health’ Check to help people to manage their mental health and reduce their risks as well as identifying where they need professional mental health support.
5. Fair Funding for Mental Health Research, commensurate with the scale of mental health problems in our society.
With the help of the Royal Endorsement on the #OKTOSAY campaign we can help those in need, we can encourage people to speak out, we can teach those that need to know, we can raise the awareness and help people to thrive.
This week, Kingsway Group UK are donating £20 to The Mental Health Foundation on every order placed, of any size and for every product or service supplied. We feel this will contribute towards the setting up of the 5 steps outlined above. What can you do?
£5 Could help the Mental Health Foundation create materials to spread mental health messages far and wide.
£25 Could pay for a single parent to attend a Creating Connections course – one of our early years in the family programmes.
£50 Could help the MHF set up more Standing Together groups to help vulnerable older people adjust to life changes and ensure their mental health is a priority.
Go to www.mentalhealth.org.uk/donate to help the cause.
Contact us to find out how we can help with your Anti-Ligature and Anti-Barricade needs, place your order this week to send £20 to The Mental Health Foundation.
Kingsway Group UK, always ready for a conversation on how we can work with you to solve your anti-ligature and anti-barricade needs.